When we add Concurrent Employment via UI, the new username created for secondary assignment is created as the main assignment username-1, username-2 etc. When we import the additional assignment, why username assigned is same as UserID passed in the file?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Concurrent Employment
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Admin Center.
- In the Tools search field, type Import Employee Data.
- Click the arrow after Download a blank CSV template and select the Employment Details import template.
- Fill in the template with person-id-external of the existing user to whom you want to assign the concurrent employment and in the UserID column, enter a New UserID
- Go to the Import Employee Data screen, select Employment Details, then browse to find the file. Click Import.
It is expected behavior that the username will be same as userID while importing Employment Details for Concurrent Employment.
We have two workaround to address this behavior.
- Import (Employment Details) with expected username as UserID
- After Importing Employment Details with new UserID, change the username to the required format via UI or Basic Import.
- For further information please see the following section in the Using Global Assignments and Concurrent Employment in SAP SuccessFactors
Import Concurrent Employment, CE, Concurrent Employment, username, userID, Import, person-id-external , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CON , Concurrent Employment , Problem