- You are creating a Sales Order for Account ABC (ABC represents the Account ID).
- You get warning message "VAT Registration Number missing for Account ABC".
- Account ABC has a VAT number maintained.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Sales Order.
- Enter Account ABC.
- Enter any product.
- Warning "VAT Registration Number missing for Account ABC"
- Navigate to the Items tab, Taxes subtab.
Buyer VAT ID is maintained for the added product.
- You are using external tax determination four your business scenario.
- The tax code from the system would raise this error message.
- Afterwards the external tax determination overwrites the original tax determination.
- The warning messages from the original tax determination remain.
- Sample case:
You are selling in the UK with a UK tax number, while your ship-from location is in Germany.
The automatic tax determination logic derives an inter-community sales tax code.
As you have the UK tax number maintained, and so does your customer, the system gives the warning message, as the Buyer VAT ID is removed.
Inter-community tax scenarios cannot have both seller and buyer party with a VAT ID from the same country.
Afterwards the external tax determination logic overwrites the tax code to a UK sales tax code.
The Buyer VAT ID is added into the sales order, but the warning message remains.
- You can ignore the warning message, and process the sales order.
External tax determination, VAT Registration Number, Sales Order, Kundenauftrag, Steuernummer, Externe Steuerfindung , KBA , AP-TTE-XTC , External Tax Calculation , Problem
SAP Business ByDesign 1908 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1911 ; SAP Business ByDesign 2002