From S/4 HANA Cloud 1911 release onwards, customers need to Categorize the Resource Types if they want to Plan costs and revenues against them in the Customer Projects.
In addition to that, a section called Additional Resources has been enabled for the customer. The customer can use this section to plan additional resources other than the standard personnel time and expenses.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Categorize the Resource IDs:
Customers are now required to categorize the Resource IDs based on their usage. This is a pre-requisite and a mandatory step that needs to be done so that Resource IDs are available for planning in a work package. The categorization needs to be done using following SSCUI Map Resources to Resource Types (103299).
This can be found under Configure your solution -> Customer and Internal Project Management -> Map Resources to Resource Types.
Steps to be performed:
- Choose the Resource Type ID for which the resource types need to be maintained.
- Maintain the Resource ID(s) that needs to appear under the respective Resource Type
- The Resource IDs can be deleted if they are not in use.
This configuration needs to be redone in P system.
- Activating Additional Resources:
The Additional Resources feature is shipped under the feature toggle “Planning Additional Resources in Customer and Internal Project”. Activate this feature in case you need to use it. This can be done by utilizing the application Activate New Features (F3006).
- Cost Center Group Adjutments (Not relevant for new customers):
This step is not required for new customers who are going to deploy S/4 HANA Cloud with version 1911 or above. For others, the Cost Center groups need to be adjusted to ensure the billing cycle works for additional resources. This change will ensure the additional resources are billed properly for both Customer Invoices and Inter-company Invoices.
Steps to be performed:
- Choose the application Edit Cost Element Groups (App ID KAH2).
- Enter the Cost Element group to be edited as YBPS_BILL.
- Add the Cost Element Group YBPS_UBBT at the end of YBPS_BILL and Save.
- Re-open the application Edit Cost Element Groups (App ID KAH2).
- Enter the Cost Element group to be edited as YBPS_BILLI.
- Add the Cost Element Group YBPS_UBBT under YBPS_ICO.
Additional Information: While creating the intercompany invoice, the material determined will be T999 for the U*** activity types.
Additional Resources, Internal Projects, Customer Projects, Resource Types, Costs, Revenues. , KBA , CA-CPD-SS , S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud - CPM , How To