This Knowledge Base Article explains how the party roles are determined in a sales document in SAP Business ByDesign.
SAP Business ByDesign
The following 3 elements are taken into consideration for the determination of the Party Roles in a sales document such as a Sales Order:
- The fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders (in the example of a Sales Order) in your Business Configuration.
- The Organizational Work Distribution rules in the Organizational Management.
- The Employee Work Distribution rules in the Organizational Management.
To determine the Parties in a Sales Order you need to consider the determination rules in the fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders for the following Parties:
B) Sales Unit
C) Employee Responsible
You can check the rules for each party role by selecting the party role and then clicking on the Maintain Determination button.
- Party Role Determination in a Sales Document: https://blogs.sap.com/2016/05/16/party-role-determination-in-a-sales-document/
- Party Role Determination in a Service Document: https://blogs.sap.com/2017/11/29/party-role-determination-in-a-service-document/
2695468 - Maintain Determinations for Customized Party Role
2638909 - Wrong Party Role Determination While Creating Sales Order
2626062 - Error Message: Party with role Sales Unit missing; maintain in Involved Parties tab
2414263 - Employee Responsible changes in Sales Orders Automatically
2234458 - The Automatic Determination of Sales Unit and Employee Responsible is not Working in Contract
1892958 - Automatic Determination of Sales Unit is not Happening in the Sales Order Even After Maintaing the Work Distribution Rule
1837827 - How to Define Customized Party Roles for Leads or Opportunities
1811256 - You get an Error Message in the Sales Order: Party with role Sales Employee missing
1589568 - The Default Bill-to Party is Not the One Expected in a Sales Order
1436885 - How to Determine Employee Responsible in a Sales Quote
1435095 - How to Determine Sales Unit in a Sales Order
1435056 - How to determine Employee Responsible in a Sales Order
1898128 - In an Invoice Document the Error "Sales data or pricing terms not found for account" is Triggered
sales order, work distribution rules, organizational management, business configuration, involved parties , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , How To