- When starting SAP ASE using startsap script after installing Business suite on ASE, the following error message happened and SAP ASE failed to start.
ERROR: log parser detected occurances of message 'Database 'master' is now online.' in /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>.log
grep: can't open /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>.log.
- While the error message was displaying, there was a message below in the /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>_BS.console.
"PATH environment variable length should be less than  bytes. Unable to start /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/RUN_<SID>_BS."
- When starting SAP ASE manually, SAP ASE successfully started.
startserver -f RUN_<SID>
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
startdb , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.