Poor performance in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) related to Planning Functions
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Quick Wins:
- Refresh Browser Cache:
- Press F12 on the keyboard or right click to select the "Inspect" option.
- Go to the "Refresh" button, and you will see 3 selections.
- Choose "Empty Cache and Hard reload"
- Make sure the tips in "Best Practices for Performance" has been applied.
- Bench Mark Tool:
- Go to Menu- System - Performance - Bench Mark Tool
- Run the the client test in the affected machines
- Run the the network test in the affected machines
- compare with other users' machines and see if the performance issue is machine/network related.
- Check if "Optimize Story Building Performance" is enabled in the Model Preferences under Data and Performance.
- Check if you can delete the private versions: open model -> Planning and time range -> Delete Private Versions.
- Check if Data Access Control on the dimension level for all users
- Dimension Hierarchy:
- Check if the performance degradation only occurs when the story uses parent child hierarchies.
And the performance gets better once you change it to "Flat Presentation".
- Input data:
- Zero Value
- Check if zero value is pre-seeded into a very large number of records (cells/facts) in the model. In this case, input data will cause very large queries on the backend.
- If zero values can be removed, you can follow the instruction in KBA 3102951 to delete them.
- Data Action:
- Main considerations:
- Number of records of target version
- Intermediate & calculated result of script processing
- Number of Dimensions in the model
- Number of member IDs of each dimensions
- Processing related to planning procedures:
- data locking
- validation rules
- currency conversion
- audit recording
- 3261092 What does "Preparing to Execute" in the data action log mean in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Data size:
Planning on large versions can affect performance, so you can recommend a limit on the initial version size for planning.
A warning appears if users exceed this limit while creating a private version or starting to edit a public version.
- Check if the data size is within the SAC limitations: System Sizing, Tuning, and Limits.
- General approach to reduce the amount of data:
- Apply more stricter filters.
- Work with different models for different personas.
- By default, every planning version in a planning model has a default limit set to 5 million facts that can be adjusted.
- Optimize Planning Models Using the Planning Area.
See the following help article and blog for more information:
- Avoid "Cascading Effect" setting which is on by default in filters.
- 2652024 - Significant performance decrease when using filters in an SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Story
- Enable Optimized Presentation Table (suited for large tables):
- Disable the thresholds on cross calculations.
- Switch to the condensed row height layout via Styling (the icon right next to "Builder") -> Table Properties -> Row Height -> Super Condensed.
- Check if the performance can be better when using the right click -> Table Function -> "Ignore Data Locks" on a table.
- Network Trace:
- 2280022 - How to collect an HTTP archive (HAR) file (Chrome developer tools network trace) in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Performance Trace:
- Right click - Inspect.
- Go to performance tab.
- Click the record button.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Stop the recording.
- Save the trace profile.
- Compress (zip) and attach into the SAP case.
- Submit a case to SAP:
- Information needed:
- SAC Tenant link.
- SAC Model link.
- SAC Story link or SAC Data Action link
- Steps to reproduce.
- 2831999 - SAC: User-specific performance issue when updating data in the story
- 2652024 - Significant Performance decrease when using filters in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Story
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud (Collective KBA)
- 2327454 - Low performance occurs in tables / grid and other areas of SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2699872 - How to improve performance in the SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) app for iOS
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, observed that the Browse > Models is missing in our SAC tenant. Has there been any change in the options with the recent updates, The operation on the version failed, most likely because it is too large. sap analytics cloud, analytics cloud, cloud analytics, analytics, sac, sap analytics cloud for planning, fp&a, collaborative planning, enterprise planning, extended planning, xP&A, extended planning and analysis, financial planning and analysis, connected planning, integrated planning, workforce planning, headcount planning, allocations, value driver tree, VDT, data action, predictive forecasting, smart predict, planning applications, planning model, advanced formulas, strategic planning, Profit and Loss Planning, P&L planning, bottom-up planning, top-down planning, currency conversion, version management, fp&a, predictive analytics, operational plan(s)(ning), financial planning and analysis, planning tools, integrated business planning, xp&a, integrated planning, collaborative planning, planning model (s), connected planning, enterprise planning, budgeting and forecasting software, enterprise planning, planning and forecasting, planning budgeting and forecasting, planning and analysis, enterprise planning software, financial planning and forecasting, sap analytics cloud planning, predictive planning, driver based models, what if planning, enterprise planning cloud, cloud fp&a, Enterprise Planning, Planning, analysis, budgeting, and prediction in one solution, Embedded business intelligence and predictive analytics, Integration with SAP S/4HANA , KBA , using script api has low performance , sac data action execution using , sac_data action execution using script a , multiple users attempt to plan , sac test system when , significant performance issues on , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-TAB , Table , LOD-ANA-CC , SAC Currency conversion , Problem