The Components of an Exploded BOM are not updated / refreshed after updating characteristic values in the App 'Simulate Configuration Models'
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental"
- Advanced Variant Configuration
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud -All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the App 'Simulate Configuration Models'
- Search for a saved Configuration Simulation or click button "Create New Simulation"
- On the "characteristic value assignment" screen , valuate the characteristics
- The BOM is exploded in the Configuration Structure according to the configuration valuations made.
- Change the characteristic values so a new BOM with its components is updated
- Press Enter
- Nothing is updated / changed
After updating the characteristic valuation , the BOM needs to be manually re-exploded for the changes to be considered
Press the button Re-explode Button
KBA , LO-VCH-FIO-SIM , Simulation environment of VC on HANA , LO-MD-BOM , Bills of Material , How To