- You want to change the depreciation method of a Fixed Asset to to D20S-MACRS 3,5,7,10 years w/special depr.
- You get the error message "Asset ABC valuation view: Depreciation method MACRS 3,5,7,10 years w/special depr incorrect".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Asset view.
- Search for Fixed Asset ABC (ABC is the fixed asset ID) and select it.
- Navigate to the Asset Valuation sub-tab in the Master Data tab.
- Select the relevant Set of Books. The Current depreciation method is DEF (DEF is the depreciation method).
- Change it to D205 -MACRS 3,5,7,10 years w/special depr.
You get the error message "Asset ABC valuation view: Depreciation method MACRS 3,5,7,10 years w/special depr incorrect".
To verify, if the Depreciation method D205 is correctly assigned to the used Accounting principle
- go to the Business Configuration work center and access the Depreciation Methods Fine-Tune activity.
- Press Edit Depreciation methods.
- Search and select Depreciation Method D20S.
- Navigate to the Assignment to Accounting Principles tab.
The depreciation method is assigned to the relevant Set of Books.
The Depreciation method D20S - MACRS 3,5,7,10 years w/special depr incorrect is only valid for Fixed Assets with an Acquisition date until 31.12.2004.
This depreciation method is not valid for Fixed Assets acquired after this date.
System is behaving as expected.
[Enter your See Also here...]
depreciation method; Abschreibungsmethode; D20S; fixed asset; Anlagen , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To