You created a Credit Memo from a Customer Return Invoice Request and the Invoice Date is not the expected one.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You released a Customer Return with Credit Memo.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Customer Return Invoice Request ABC (ABC represents the invoice request ID).
- Click on the Invoice button.
- In the new Credit Memo the Invoice Date is the XX.XX.XXXX (XX.XX.XXXX represents the Invoice Date).
You expect that the Invoice Date is the of the Inbound Delivery YY.YY.YYYY (YY.YY.YYYY represents the ).
The Invoice Date used for a Credit Memo from a Customer Return Invoice Request is the Posting Date of the Customer Return.
The reason for this is that the Reference document for the Customer Return Invoice Request is the Customer Return and not the Inbound Delivery while the reference document for the Outbound Delivery Invoice Requests is the Outbound Delivery and hence the respective Invoice Date is used.
You can manually change the Invoice Date and/or Posting Date during the creation of the Credit Memo.
Invoice Date; Posting Date; Return; Credit memo; Customer Return Invoice Request , KBA , AP-CRP-CR , Customer Return , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem