You are using SAP SuccessFactors' OData API to add a user into the system. The system recognizes genders M, F, but will not allow an upsert for any other genders (e.g. 'U'). You would like to understand which genders are allowed when managing users through the API.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Perform Upsert API call to User entity. Gender is a mandatory field
- Call will be successful if upserting values 'M' or 'F'
- Call will fail if using any other value, error triggered will be similar to: Invalid property value. Property name:gender. Property value:U. with the index 0
Expected behaviour, please see below for additional details
- The SuccessFactors API for Gender field does not support picklists, the only standard and supported values are 'M' and 'F'
- The SuccessFactors API will allow a query on any gender (e.g. 'U' for "undefined") but upserts are only allowed for genders 'M' and/or 'F'
(operation query is allowed as the gender field has a max length of 2, thus allowing any value which is less than 2 characters)
PerPersonal?$select=personIdExternal,startDate,gender&$filter=gender eq 'O'
Response: This will return all users who have gender 'Others' in Personal Information portlet.
3. Please note however: SuccessFactors EC module does support up to five genders (M/F/U/D/O) by enabling the relevant feature in the Upgrade Center.
Cf. related KBA 2093276 Adding 'Unknown' & 'Undeclared' & 'Others' values to Gender drop-down menu - Employee Central
4. SuccessFactors' Product Management team does not currently have plans to change this feature in the near future.
2093276 Adding 'Unknown' & 'Undeclared' & 'Others' values to Gender drop-down menu - Employee Central
- genders "diverse" and "undefined"
- OData V2
- infotype 0002
- Invalid property value. Property name:gender. Property value:U. with the index 0
- Invalid property value. Property name:gender. Property value:U.