How to Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment through Import?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment through Admin Center > Import Employee Data
Before 1911 release, while rehiring former employees through data imports, the system reassigned the user-id belonging to their previous employment. Consequently, the history of their previous job and employment was overwritten.
From 1911 Release it is possible to Rehire Inactive Employee with new user-id with which we can add new employment details separately and also maintaining the historical record of their previous job and employment details.
Below are the steps to Rehire Inactive Employees with the new user-id;
- Enable the New Standard Field 'isRehire' in Manage Business Configuration>Employee Central>HRIS Elements>employmentInfo,
- Make Sure Permission for '
- Navigate to Admin Center>Import Employee Data',
- Download the Template for Employment Details (Select the field 'isRehire' from the Available Fields before downloading),
- Fill the details in the downloaded template with the following details;
- 'person-id-external' – Enter the old person-id-external (which is for the system to identity the inactive old user record) ,
- 'User ID'- Enter the New User ID
- isRehire - <isRehire> is a boolean field. It accepts a set of values for Yes. To set the value as Yes, you can enter: <Y>, <Yes>, <T>, <True>, <1>. By default, the system considers the field value as <1>.
- Import the template back in Import Employee Data>Entity - Employment Details. If successful, new user accounts are created in the system. To activate these accounts, you must execute the following steps.
- After the employment details are imported in the system, download a copy of the Job History template from Admin Center> Import Employee Data,
- Prepare data to be imported in the system. Along with other information, enter the new user id of the rehired users in the <User ID> (Same USER ID which was used in Employment Details Template above).
- Upload the data into the system. After the scheduled HRIS SYNC job is completed succesfully, the new user accounts are activated in the system.
After the successful rehire, you can see the profile switch option to switch between Old Profile and New Profile.
- Rule based USER-ID generation is not supported for the Import as system currently don't support importing with blank USER-ID field due to the validation 'user-id is a required field and cannot be blank'.
You can rehire users with a new user id, thereby keeping the user id of their previous employment unchanged. However, you must ensure that there is no employment currently active in your system for such users. In a case where a user being rehired has an active employment already, a concurrent employment will be created for the user.
- This enhancement applies to API imports as well.
Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment through import , Rehire Inactive Employee with New Employment, Rehire through Import, Rehire Import, Import Rehire, Rehire Inactive, New Employment, New User ID, ECT-122920 , ECT-107209, b1911,1911, API, feature , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-CON , Concurrent Employment , How To