- An Application Error appears when submitting a New Hire from Add New Employee
- In the Server Logs, the error shows as Wrapped Exception: cannot set timeInCurrentPosition in UserBean
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - New Hire
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - HRIS Sync
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Employee.
- Fill up the data for a new Employee.
- Submit the new hire.
The HRIS field timeInPosition in Employee Central is mapped to the Standard Field timeInCurrentPosition in BizX. Both these fields are transient which means the values are calculated by the system and are not saved in the Database. These fields should not be mapped.
Remove the HRIS Sync Mapping for timeInCurrentPosition and the Employee should then be hired successfully.
Please reach out to Cloud Support to check the logs from the Application Error.
Product Support: See Internal Memo
2720605 - Fields timeAtCompany and timeInCurrentPosition do not appear in User Data File or Export Extended User Information File
cannot set timeInCurrentPosition in UserBean, Application Error, timeInCurrentPosition, timeInPosition, Hire, invalid mapping, transient fields, HRIS Sync Mapping , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , Problem