You would like to migrate Third-Party Sales Order and Purchase Order. Also, you wanted to understand whether third party Sales Order and Purchase Order would get connected via document flow.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Go to the Implementation Projects and select the Project
- Select Open Activity List and navigate to Integrate and Extend tab
- Select Migration of Purchase Orders activity
- Select Migrate purchase orders using the migration tool
- In the migration file go to Items Data tab
- Mark Third Party indicator by entering Sales Order reference under account assignment and Account Details
- However, system does not connect third party orders in document flow
Migration of third-party purchase orders is not supported. If you migrate the open sales orders, system will create a new Purchase Request and Purchase Order with reference to this sales order. Hence it is not possible to link the sales order with the already migrated purchase order. The link will not work because technically speaking the migrated purchase orders will have a separate message numbers and sales orders will have a separate number. These two documents cannot be interlinked.
In purchase order migration template, third-party deal indicator is set for items in purchase order which are procured for customers. (Meaning purchase orders which were not created from sales order by setting fulfillment as external). If the product is to be booked to a third-party account, you can mark the migration as X. Account ID field has to be filled in order to determine the third-party delivery address. If the purchase order is for an external service provider with account assignment to a sales order or service order in a third- party business, enter the customer ID. Then, the system uses the customer address to define the delivery address. This does not link the third-party sales order & purchase order via document flow. Hence linking of third-party sales orders and purchase orders is not supported.
This feature is not supported in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
1.If you are a partner: you can help develop this using SDK or please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder .
2.If you are a customer: if you already have a partner ,ask them to help develop it for you through SDK.
a. Contact your the Account Executive
b. Check the link https://www.sap.com/uk/services/advisory-development/application-development.html#contact-us
3. An alternative option may be to check the SAP Business ByDesign Ideas Forum to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#campaign/886
Migrate Third-Party Sales Order and Purchase Order; Migration of third-party purchase orders; Migration of third-party sales orders; Third-party order migration , KBA , third party order migration , migration of third party purchase orders , migration of third party sales orders , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem