You are unable to create Goods and Service receipt or inbound delivery for a Purchase order that is in status either sent or follow up document created.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Goods and Services Receipts work center
- Go to Purchase Orders to Be Delivered view
- Choose Outstanding purchase orders in drop down
- Search for respective purchase order
- You will not find the Purchase order
1. Go to Inbound Logistics work center
2. Purchase orders view
3. Choose "All purchase orders by selection".
4.Search for respective purchase order
4.You will not find the Purchase order
Cause 1:The Purchase order is a To stock ,i.e Process type is To stock ,so we do not allow you to do goods and service receipt rather we allow you to do Inbound delivery,where we give you lot of options related to storage of goods.
Cause 2: You have check marked the Purchase order for Time Recording Required that is visible under Items tab->basic tab of purchase order.
Cause 3: You have unchecked the Goods and Services Receipt Expected under Items tab->basic tab of purchase order
Cause 4: The purchase order is Non Stock , I.e process type is Non stock,so we do not allow you to do Inbound delivery rather we allow you to do Goods receipt .
Cause 1 solution:
- Go to Inbound logistics work center
- Go to Purchase orders view
- Choose All purchase orders in the drop down
- Select the purchase order and click on one of the buttons available to do Goods receipt according to your requirement
Cause 2 solution:
In case of Service item if the Time Recording Required flag is enabled in the purchase order the Goods and Services Receipt becomes depended on time recording.
When the service delivery is performed via time recording then the Goods and Services Receipt gets created automatically based on the times recording.
- Go to Home work center
- Click on edit time sheet
- Then do a time confirmation using this Purchase order
In case the intention was not to do time recording, it's necessary to cancel the Purchase Order item as per following steps:
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search and open the Purchase Order ABC.
- Click on View All button.
- Go to Items tab.
- Select the Service Item.
- Click on Cancel Item.
Then create the item again with the flag Time Recording Required unmarked.
Cause 3 solution:
- Go to Purchase order work center
- Go to purchase orders view
- Search and open the respective Purchase order
- Go to items tab
- Navigate to Basic sub tab
- Here under Follow-up Documents
- Check mark the Goods and Services Receipt Expected
Cause 4 solution:
- Go to Goods and service receipts work center
- Go to Purchase orders to be delivered
- Search the Purchase order
- Select the purchase order and click on New goods and service receipt button
Cannot find Purchase order, why we cannot create goods receipt, could not create goods and service receipt , KBA , unable to do goods and service receipt , goods and service receipt button grayed , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , Problem