When trying to edit a field in the job requisition, you put the new information, and by just clicking outside the field an error message is thrown, without having to save the changes. All the operators have the correct permissions to edit this field in question.
The errors will be like:
- errorId=null, timestamp=null, errorMessage=Cannot read property 'options' of null, errorName=TypeError
- Cannot read properties of null (reading 'selectedIndex'), errorName=TypeError
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the requisition
- Go to the field you wish to edit
- Change its value
- Click outside of the field
- Receive the error message
There's an OnChange rule associated to this field, and the operators having trouble don't have the permission to edit the fields described to be changed in the rule.
For this case, there are two possible solutions:
- Provide the operators the permission to edit those fields defined in the rule
- Remove the rule associated to the field you're trying to edit
This is because if you provide the permission to write on those fields, they will be able to edit it and the rule to be applied. However, if you don't add the permissions, the rule should be removed in order to be able to edit the field value in the Job Requisition.
errorId=null, timestamp=null, errorMessage=Cannot read property 'options' of null, errorName=TypeError, change, field, value, update, operator, edit, requisition, selectedIndex , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem