How to export and import a SAP Jam group?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Jam Collaboration
- Need to transfer a SAP Jam group from one instance to another.
- Need to back up a SAP Jam group.
Exporting a group from SAP Jam
- Login to the source Jam instance.
- Go to Jam Admin -> Product Setup -> Groups Management
- Switch to the Import and Export Group tab and click on the button
- Switch to Export tab.
- Select the desired group from the list and Click on Export Group.
- Save the export zip file in your system. (Artifact A)
Importing a group to SAP Jam
- Login to the target Jam instance.
- Go to Jam Admin -> Product Setup -> Groups Management.
- Switch to the Import and Export Group tab and click on the button.
- Switch to Import tab
- Click Import Group button.
- Check the Warning messages shown, and then click on Import
- Select the Zip file received via the Export functionality(Artifact A), and click on Import.
- The Import status will be shown. And, if successful, the new group will be created.
For the Import group feature, ensure that the target instance has an admin user matching the email address of the source instance admin who had exported the Group zip file. Ideally, it will be best to use the same admin user to perform the export from source and import to target.
Export Group, Import Group, Export and Import Group, Transfer Group , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-GRP , Group Issues , How To