How can I control the visibility of Succession Org Chart to see only the lower positions in the hierarchy?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Succession Org Chart;
- See the hierarchy showing higher positions;
To control the visibility of Succession Org Chart, you can use the "Limit succession org chart visibility to basic org chart target population" option in Org Chart Configuration section of the Admin Center:
- Go to Admin Center;
- Succession > Org Chart Configuration;
- Succession Org Chart > Mark the option "Limit succession org chart visibility to basic org chart target population";
- This will remove vacant positions from the Succession Org Chart. Vacant positions do not appear on the Company Org Chart by default, thus hiding a vacant position on the Succession Org Chart (unless user is super admin).
- Be careful if the role which grants Org Chart navigation permission has a position target population set to all.If it is a requirement to have the position target population set to all, then this should be done through a separate role to the one that gives the Org Chart navigation permissions.
SOC, orgchart, org chart, succession, hierarchy, limit, visibility , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , How To