User performs DRTM Master Data Purge selecting one or more countries but status is "FAILED".
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a DRTM Master Data purge selecting one or multiple countries;
- Go to Purge Request Monitor;
- The request just created will not be shown on "Requests Awaiting Approval" tab;
- Go to "Approved Request" tab;
- You will see the purge request with status failed.
If you have followed all steps from KBA 2675172 and the issue persists, it could be that the amount of data trying to be purged has pushed over the Purge Tool limits.
This Purge Tool limit will be increased on release 2005 (May of 2020)
For Support Engineers: please check internal memo to query on Splunk the server logs to confirm if the amount of data has surpassed the Purge Tool threshold.
For customers there is three possible workarounds (please proceed with the one that best suit your business):
- Please split the countries in different purge requests. To reduce the amount of data.
- Define different retention time, like 10 years before, trigger the purge; then 8 years before, trigger the purge. This workaround will not need more requests, just trigger one request several times.
- Other workaround would be:
- Filter the UDF by inactive users from the particular countries that you tried to purge with the DRTM Master Data Purge
- Copy and paste the list of user IDs into the user ID purge file
- Upload as the criteria for a new DRTM request
DRTM Master Data purge fails, country purge fails, purge fail without reason , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , Problem