- You create an Outbound File but it has zero Kilobytes. It is empty also.
- You expect this Outbound File to be filled with data.
- In the Log File you get an Error Message: "File format APAY XYZ (where XYZ is the Payment File Structure ID) is not consistent".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management Work Center - Outbound Files view.
- Search for all Outbound Files and enter XXX (where XXX is the Outbound File ID).
- Click on the file ID XXX.
- Switch to the tab Attachment.
- If you click on "Display Log" you can see an Error Message: File format APAY XYZ is not consistent.
You can also see that the PayFile_YYY (where YYY is the Payment File ID) has a file size of zero Bytes. This is incorrect. You expect this file not to be empty.
In the Business Configuration Work Center under Payment File Structures there is a constant maintained which you need to remove. Also the Data Source and the Operator are not matching. You need to change the Operator.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search for Outgoing Bank Transfers and open that Activity.
- Click on Edit Payment File Structures.
- Select the Payment File Structure ID XYZ and press Edit.
- Press Next until you get to 3 - Define Fields.
- Under Records, select Footer.
- Highlight ABC (where ABC is the Footer Record) and select field Conditions.
- Remove the Data Source "Constant".
- Then change the Operator of the Data Source Transaction Payment Amount to "greater than".
- Press Save and Confirm.
After you have done these steps create a new Payment File. This solves the issue.
Payment File empty, zero kilobytes, zero, Business Configuration Payment File Structure, File Format is Not Consistent, Data Source, Operator, Constant, Zahllauf, Zahlungsdatei leer , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , Problem