Users with Full Data Access granted cannot see facts data of specific model with Model Data Privacy enabled in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Error message: You have no authorization to the model
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.2.6
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant using one user with BI Admin role assigned.
- Go to Security > Roles to ensure that BI Admin role has Full Data Access enabled in Role Configuration, which is used to allow user who is assigned this role can see all the data of any model regardless of how the data access for the model is defined.
- Go to Files and then find the problematic model, where Model Data Privacy is enabled in Model Preferences.
- Try to create a story based on this model.
=> It is possible to see and also select any dimension or measure in Builder panel.
=> However, it is impossible to see any data in chart/table/filter.
=> Instead, error message "You have no authorization to the model" appears.
- Some inconsistency between model view and the underlying privilege is causing the data query to fail.
- Open the affected model.
- Open Model Preference dialog.
- Go to Currency tab and change Default Currency to something else (e.g. USD-> EUR)
- Save the model.
- Go back to Model Preference and change the Default Currency back to its original value (USD) and save the model.
This will trigger the underlying analytic privilege regeneration and then correct the inconsistency.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an case for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem