- BW Infocube Compression is very slow on SAP BW and Solution Manager systems running on SAP ASE database
- SELECT and DML operations on Infocubes with very large number of partitions are very slow or hang.
- BW reports on such Infocubes do not complete and/or fail with TIME_OUT errors.
- Dataloads on such cubes work fine.
- Report: SAP_DROP_EMPTY_FPARTITIONS is very slow and does not complete for several hours
- On Solution Manager systems, the number of partitions are not dropped during regular reorg maintenance of certain Infocubes. This may lead to an increased number of empty partitions (greater than 1000) which hampers access. The recommended number of partitions for tables used by SAP BW-based applications on SAP ASE is 1000 or less. See SAP Note 2187579.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Warehouse
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
SAP Solution Manager 7.2
compression, partitions, indexes, SAP_DROP_EMPTY_FPARTITIONS, TIME_OUT , KBA , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.