This KBA relates to the legacy version LUC 2.x only. It is heavily recommended to upgrade to LUC 3.x for Full Support and for a much simpler deployment process.
- Live Universe Connection fails and can not be established in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC). It throws out the error: The remote server could not be found. Please check that Live Data Connection details are correct.
- Chrome HAR trace shows 404 error: no-referrer-when-downgrade
- InA Call https://<TOMCATHOST>:<TOMCATHTTPSPORT>/sap/boc/ina/GetServerInfo returns the error message: An unexpected error occurred, please contact your administrator.
- Live Universe Connection worked earlier before BOE Live Data Connect (LUC) was upgraded from version 2.2 to version 2.3
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BIP) 4.2 SP6+
- Tomcat 8.5.32 (the same version of Tomcat bundled with BI Platform 4.2 SP07)
- Tomcat 9.0.26 (the same version of Tomcat bundled with BI Platform 4.2 SP08)
- BOE Live Data Connect 2.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Deploy the BOE Live Data Connect version 2.2 on Tomcat 8.5.32 or Tomcat 9.0.26
- Configure the BOE Live Data Connect version 2.2
- Live Universe Connection is successfully established in SAC
- Upgrade and deploy Live Data Connect version 2.3
- Configure the BOE Live Data Connect version 2.3
- Live Universe Connection fails and can no longer be established in SAC
The issue has been investigated by Development team. It has been found the various versions of Tomcat behave differently to handle LUC servlet end point. So far, this issue is only observed on Tomcat 8.5.32 and Tomcat 9.0.26.
We have confirmed BOE Live Data Connect works correctly on:
- Tomcat 9.0.30 & up
- Tomcat 8.5.50 & up
Please upgrade Tomcat to one of previously confirmed version. More information can be found in 2897198
Download the attached web.xml file, then replace the web.xml in \tomcat\webapps\sap#boc#ina\WEB-INF. Restart Tomcat to make the change effective.
Please make sure to change the cors.allowed.orgins parameter to include your SAP Analytics Cloud URL, as per the lines below, or the Webapp will not run;
For all the issues related to LUC deployment with SAML configuration and facing the issue related to “Chrome 80 shared cookies” (Note 2889975) , our recommendation is to update tomcat to one of the previously confirmed versions : Apache Tomcat 9.0.30 & up or Apache Tomcat 8.5.50 & up.
Install the LUC version 2.4. This issue is no longer present in LUC 2.4.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an case for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV , SAC Live Data Connection Universe , Problem