- After S/4HANA Cloud 2002 CE upgrade, when creating supplier invoices and then choose "Save as Completed", the Workflow for Parked invoices as Complete is not initiated. Which means, the approver can’t see any invoices to be approved in their “My Inbox” App. Additionally, when the Workflow for Parked Invoices as Complete is not working, the invoices cannot be processed further: the invoices can’t be posted and processed through "Manage Automatic Payments" App.
- For blocked invoices, the release responsible cannot see them in “My Inbox” App, thus unable to release blocked invoices.
- Via checking Manage Your Solution-> Configure Your Solution -> Sourcing and Procurement -> Invoice Processing -> Incoming Invoice -> Activate Flexible Workflow for Supplier invoices, no workflows are activated there.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
S/4HANA Cloud 2002 CE
- Via transaction SCU3 in the customer's test system for T169WF02, if it is the case like the sample as below：
- And in "Manage Your Solution" under Configure Your Solution -> Sourcing and Procurement -> Invoice Processing -> Incoming Invoice -> Activate Flexible Workflow for Supplier invoices (SSCUI 101098):
The customizing in the test and production systems needs to be set up. There is a customizing in the app "Manage Your Solution" to determine whether the flexible workflows for supplier invoices need to be initiated or not: Configure Your Solution -> Sourcing and Procurement -> Invoice Processing -> Incoming Invoice -> Activate Flexible Workflow for Supplier invoices
- Steps in test system: As this setting cannot be maintained in the production system, activate the setting of both “Payment Block” and “Release Completed Invoice”(must comply with the old setting of customer’s before 2002CE upgrade, check via transaction SCU3 in the customer's test system for T169WF02. Usually only the first and second “X” s are needed.)
- After the configuration above arrive in production system, then execute steps regarding invoices created in the past days：
2.1 For which are currently not subject to the workflow for parked and completed invoices, firstly choose “Edit” and choose “Park” those invoices, afterwards choose “Edit” and choose “Save as Completed”. With the two steps the workflow will start for those invoices.
2.2 For which are currently not subject to the workflow of blocked invoices (e.g EDI invoices), the editing is not allowed, reverse the supplier invoices and reprocess the invoices as usual again to start the blocked invoice workflow.
The detailed invoice reverse steps, you may refer to sample series steps including “Reverse Supplier Invoice”, “Clear GR/IR” and “Cancel Journal Entry” like below:
2.2.1 Reverse Supplier Invoice
2.2.2 Clear GR/IR
2.2.3 Cancel Journal Entry
2.2.4 After finishing the steps above, the invoices can be processed as usual again to trigger the blocked invoice workflow.
Workflow, Supplier Invoice , KBA , MM-PUR-CNT , S/4 HANA Purchasing Content , How To