- How to maintain translation for FOs and GOs.
- When download the Fotranslation file from "import and export data", you can't use the code of the designated FO to find this FO in the file.
- When download a blank csv template from "import foundation data" of the FO, found there is no field for maintaining translation.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core
Scenario1: Maintain translation for FOs (manually): Please directly do this via "Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structure".
Scenario2: Maintain translation for FOs (batch import)
- Download the FoTranslation file (all FOs' translations are listed here) from "Import and Export Data": Export Data > Select Generic Object > FoTranslation > export
- Find the designated FO from "Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structure", we can check FO's code and name.
- In FoTranslation file, there is no code, (there is name in FoTranslation file, but different FOs (code is different)can be maintained same name ).
4. There are externalCode in FoTranslation file, how can we use the externalcode to find the designated FO.
Step1: Integration Center > My Intergrations > Create > More Integration Types
Step2: Trigger Type (scheduled) > Source Type (Successfactors) > Destination Type (SFTP) > Format (CSV) > Create
Step3: Search for entities by entity name (for example: location) > select Location (FOLocation) > right page (scroll down to the bottom) > selet two Object Id > Select
Step4: Configure fields > click code > filter > input the code > enter > then externalcode of this designated FO is displayed
Step5: Use externalcode to search in FoTranslation file > change translation > import the file from "import and export data".
Scenario3: Maintain translation for GOs (manually): please directly do this via "Manage Data".
Scenario4: Maintain translation for GOs (batch import):
- To maintain existing GOs, export the template from "import and export data", then input translation value.
- To maintain MDF foundation objects, export the template from "import foundation data" or "import and export data" , then input translation value.
2079466 - Managing Foundation Object Translations - Employee Central
Fotranslation, translation, foundation object, FO, MDF foundation object, Generic object, GO, import, import foundation data, import and export data, code, externalcode, object Id , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , How To