You might have the following issues when processing sales order(customer return) EDI SOAP messages with attachment:
- A sales order(customer return) is created or updated with new or changed attachments via SOAP message: OrderRequest_In. If the order confirmation is sent to the buyer system immediately via the SOAP message: OrderConfirmationRequest_Out, sometimes new or change attachment content is missing in the payload.
- The SOAP message OrderConfirmationRequest_Out sends out all attachments that are available in the sales order(customer return) to the buyer system. If you have attachments via manually upload which are for internal purpose only(that is, containing information that is not supposed to be revealed to the buyer), these attachments are also sent.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Follow the set-up guide to configure integration flows for scope item 2EL. When determining the output parameters, set ‘Dispatch Time’ to "1 (Immediately)" for output types ORDER_CONFIRMATION, ORDER_CONFIRMATION_CHANGE, CUSTOMER_RETURN, CUSTOMER_RETURN_CHANGE.
- You receive a purchase order(return purchase order) with new or changed attachments via SOAP message OrderRequest_In from the buyer system.
- The sales order(customer return) is created or updated, order confirmation is sent to the buyer system immediately via the SOAP message: OrderConfirmationRequest_Out.
Those behaviors are by design, but gap exists.
For issue 1:
Sales order(customer return) and attachment are two different business objects. If the order confirmation is sent out immediately to the buyer when a sales order(customer return) has been created or updated, there's a chance that the new or changed attachments from buyer system are still under creation.
For issue 2:
Attachments can only be added to the sales order(customer return) header level, using the GOS framework. The classification of internal and external attachments cannot be supported with GOS framework.
For issue 1:
- When determining output parameters, set ‘dispatch time’ as scheduled for the above-mentioned output types. For more information, refer to the set-up guide.
- Set a batch job for sending messages in the Schedule Sales Document Output app.
For issue 2:
Currently no solution yet.
Attachment, EDI Sales Order, EDI Customer Return, SOAP, 2EL , KBA , SD-SLS-EDI , S/4HANA: Sales EDI Messages , SD-SLS-API , API , SD-SLS-RE , Returns , SD-SLS-RE-EDI , S/4HANA: Returns EDI Messages , Problem