- As of the b2005 (First Half 2020) release, a new Learning Administration User Interface is available, there are changes to Item Content Object behavior.
- Unable to edit, add, etc. Item Content Object information after a completion.
- Forced to Revise an Item after completion when attempting to update Content Objects.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
Try to update some content on an item and receive warning:
This item was completed by one or more users and therefore the content structure cannot be updated. Please revise the item to update the content structure
When one or more users have completed an Item that has online contents associated with it, the system will not allow an administrator to Add, Remove, or Move the Online Contents, because this is ultimately changing the content structure which warrants creating a new revision. The administrator will have to revise the Item if these modifications are needed. This system behavior is only taking place on the new Learning Administrator interface. A message will display at the top of the Online Content tab communicating to the administrator that if updates are needed then revision of the Item is required.
There are two options on how to proceed:
As per best practice when it comes to modifying content structure, revision of the item will happen.
The following functions will not be available, once the Item has been completed by at least one user:
- Add Content Types.
- Remove Content Types.
- Move the Content Types to be displayed in a different order.
The following functions will remain available:
- The Online Content Settings function remains available and the administrator can make updates to the Launch, Course Progression, Completion, Objectives Tabs.
- If a Folder content type is part of the content structure, only the Folder Name can be edited.
- For any Content Objects, the Content Object name can be updated. It is possible to swap a content object to a completely different Content Object but it is advised that the Item be reassigned.
- For any Content Object, the navigate to the Content Object function remains available.
The following functions remain unchanged in the application:
- Updates to a Content Object can still be completed from the Content Object itself.
- Deleting User’s Learning History while testing Content is still available.
See the following link from our Help for steps to revise the item:
Revising the item is not possible or not desired. There is a need to modify the content object without revising the item.
- Proceed to System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration
- Edit the LMS_ADMIN property file
- Find the lockItemContentStructure setting and set it to false
- Apply Changes
If false, the setting will still present the warning to the administrator but is not prevented from adding, removing, or moving content of the content structure if there are completions.
2909180 - New Admin UI - Primary Repository
New, Admin, UI, Content, Object, Behavior, Changes, completed, one, users, content, structure, updated, changes, revise, item, modify, change, review, revision, update, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , How To