Is it possible to prevent someone from taking an item in a curriculum if the curriculum expires?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- User has safety training which must be taken every 2 years.
- The first time the course is taken it must be a classroom course.
- After the classroom course is completed - a curriculum is assigned with an elearning which is due in 2 years.
- However, if the participant does not complete the elearning before it expires -they need to go back to the classroom course and not allow the elearning to be taken after 2 years.
- Is there a way to prevent a user from taking an item in a curriculum which is expired?
There is not way to automate this process.
Users continue to have access to courses even when the required date is in the past. The only way to prevent them from accessing the online course in this scenario would be to manually remove the curriculum then assign the ILT class.
It's assumed that after the ILT class an admin can reassign the eLearning curriculum.
The best option would be a custom report that shows only past due courses. Admins could then schedule that report to run on a regular basis and take the manual action on those that show on the report.
inactive item, curriculum, ILT, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , How To