You have extracted a data source to a system other than C4C/ByD and you have noticed the counter is not showing the same figure as your system.
- SAP Cloud For Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics.
- Go to Design Data Sources.
- Search for your data source e.g. Account Contact Data (technical ID BPCSCONTB).
- Click on Preview and run the data source.
- You will notice the counter shows something like 150000.
- Now you extract this data source to your BW system.
- You notice that the counter shows considerably less than the system.
The counter in some data sources where no characteristic is selected may include additional records which are required for access restriction. This is the reason why an unrestricted user would see all records which may be more than the total number of counted entries.
For example: This type of behavior can be seen in the standard data source Account Contact Data.
This type of behavior can be seen in the Business Warehouse/BW system.
In order to get a correct count please select the relevant characteristics - the count will change based on selected characteristics and reflect the correct number of entries.
BPCSCONTB, counter, BW, less, data source, design data sources, preview , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To