- This article is dedicated for SAP Certified Partners and Consultants and if you are a customer (System Administrator) who would like to trigger a refresh request, with Onboarding 2.0 enabled in system.
- ONB 2.0 is enabled in Preview and not in Production. We need to perform instance refresh
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0
The Instance Refresh tool helps you to create a replication request of SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite (also known as BizX) and monitors the status of the request from the source to target instance. A refresh is the process of copying data and configuration from source to target. The source is the instance from which data and configurations are copied to the target instance. The target is the instance to which data and configurations are copied using Instance Refresh. Reference link of Instance Refresh documentation : Things to Know Before Refreshing the Target Instance
In cases where customers want to use Instance Refresh, i.e. copying data over from source (=Production instance) and target (=Preview instance) the following will happen:
- If Onboarding 2.0 is available in Preview instance but not yet in Production instance and the instance refresh process runs, then as a result the “empty” Production instance data/configuration will be copied over to the Preview instance data/configuration – Onboarding 2.0 related data/ configuration will be lost in Preview instance.
- The instance refresh cannot be triggered for one BizX solution only as such if it’ll get triggered it’ll affect all of BizX solutions (including Onboarding 2.0).
- Customers cannot do a refresh from ONB 1.0 (source) to ONB 2.0 ( target) or vice versa.
Instance Refresh, Onboarding 2.0, OBX, refresh, preview, production, , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-ACC , Accessibility , How To