You notice that it is possible to generate a work ticket from a Maintenance Plan using an active Registered Product which is out of validity period.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Installed Base work center.
- Navigate to Maintenance Plans work center view.
- Open your Maintenance Plan.
- Navigate to the Maintenance Items tab.
- Add a Registered Product which is active, but the validity is expired.
- Click Actions.
- Click Simulate Run.
- See that the work ticket would be generated for a Registered Product out of validity period.
Currently the work ticket generation only considers if the Registered Product added to the Maintenance Plan is active or not.
In upcoming releases, it will be possible to maintain the end date for the items, which will help to control the ticket generation in the maintenance plan once the end date is reached.
Please refer to the new releases notes for further information.
Maintenance Plan; Registered Product; Item; Tickets; Items; Maintenance Items; Validity; End Date; Start Date; Valid to; Valid From; Expired; 2002; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To