During the migration of FI - Accounts payable open item, the below error is encountered:
"Posting period &1 YYYY is not open" (F5201)
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open app "Migrate your Data".
- Go to the relevant migration project.
- Select the migration project FI - Accounts payable open item.
- Upload the migration template and click activate.
- Click Start transfer.
- Perform the simulation phase followed by the convert value step.
The issue can occur due to the following reasons.
- The required posting period is not open for the variant of posting period and account type '+'.
- The current period is open, but the migration key date set does not fall in the period opened for posting.
In order to resolve this issue, following information needs to be checked.
Check whether the required posting period is open for posting for the variant of posting period and account type '+'.
- Open app "Manage Posting Periods".
- Specify a period interval in which the required period is contained for the variant of posting period and account type '+'.
Check the migration key set falls in the period opened for posting.
- Open App "Define Settings for Legacy Data Transfer".
- Compare the period set in the app "Manage Posting Periods" with the key date set in the app "Define Settings for Legacy Data Transfer".
- The migration key date can be modified by changing the legacy data transfer status to "In Preparation" and then switching it back to "Ongoing" once the key date is finalized.
Note: The migration key date is also used as the posting date when the legacy data is actually transferred to your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
For more details refer to KBA - 2754615 - SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: Information about Fix Posting Date.
ca-gtf-mig, s4hc, s4_pc, posting, not open, period, F5201, open item, accounts, payable, old, blocked , KBA , CA-GTF-MIG , SAP S/4HANA Data Migration Cockpit Content (LTMC) , Problem