You are trying to remove Employees using Personal Data Removal option under Data Protection and Privacy workcenter and you notice that it ends with Failed Removal Runs
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to workcenter Data Protection and Privacy
- Navigate to Common Task view
- Click on Administer Data Removal Runs
- Under Failed Removal Runs : check Run ID
- Under Details Section - All Logs : Click on Application Log ID
- Navigate to Results Tab :
Workpackage execution ended with error(s)
Error during data removal
Consistency check resulted in error
Veto: An assignment as manager to org unit 9999 exists (where 9999 is the org unit )
In case an employee is assigned as manager, a veto is raised. Therefore the above error message appears.
We intentionally have this veto because we do not want to automatically remove managers from the org model as usually another manager should be assigned ,which we cannot do automatically.
To summarize the logic:
- In case the employee is assigned as manager: veto is raised to force the user to assign another manager
- In case there is no manager assignment: delete the existing employee's primary and secondary assignments
Please remove the manager assignment. Afterwards the employee assignments can be removed via the data removal run.
Personal Data Removal, Failed Removal Runs, Data Protection and Privacy, Veto, manager assignment, , KBA , LOD-LE-OM-OM , Org. Management , Problem