The Sales Quantity key figure has zero value in the Profit Overview by Key Figure report.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open the Profit Overview by Key Figure report.
- Enter mandatory data, such as Profit Type, Company and Contribution Margin Scheme and execute the report.
- Notice that Sales Quantity is zero, even though Net Sales Revenue and Counter key figures are higher than zero.
The Sales Quantity is shown as zero because the values are picked from the associated journal entries. There is quantity coming in from goods issue and also from customer invoice. Since the quantity from customer invoice is negative, these quantities add up to zero.
The report works as designed. To have Sales Quantity amount displayed (both the negative and positive quantities), further characteristics can be added to the report, like Functional Area, for example.
profit overview by key figure; FINPRFU30_Q0002; sales quantity; functional area , KBA , profit overview by key figure , finprfu30_q0002 , sales quantity , functional area , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To