You have assembled your patch solution and uploaded to the target tenant. However the activation failed in target tenant with the below errors:
- Failed to activate items of type ByDScriptingLanguageImplementation.
- Identifier 'PQR' does not exist (where PQR is an action script)
You can also see in the target tenant that the respective file is showing as inactive in SDK solution.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the SDK solution on the target tenant.
- Upload the assembled patch solution from the source tenant.
- Activation failed with the above mentioned errors.
This is a known issue when you have only one XBO in the solution without any custom business object. In this case, the backend files do not get updated properly if you choose New and Changed Items for activation.
You can follow the below steps to resolve this issue:
- Create a new patch in Source Tenant.
- Perform a solution level activation -> All items.
- Assemble the solution.
- Upload the solution to the target tenant.
- The solution activation will be successful without any errors.
Solution, activation, failed, after, uploading, inactive, file, deployment, identifier, does, not, exist , KBA , identifier does not exists , activation of patch failed , .fq file not updated , AP-RC-BDS-BO , ByDesign Studio BO definition/generation , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , How To