Show totals option is displaying the sum of all the lines, not the sum of Top N in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
SAP Analytics Cloud 2021.14
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a table with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Enable Show Totals option.
- Select Top 3.
- Observe the Totals.
- Change the Top 3 to Top 5.
- Observe that the Totals number has not changed.
This is the behavior by design.
- Totals are calculated in the backend - table request these data from backend. The function is designed in a way that always returns the total disregarding TOP N requests. So even if only 3 values are returned the Total reflects the sum of all data.
- As a workaround frontend formulas to add the visible numbers can be used.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, rank, ranking, table, N, top, create, total, totals, cross, disable, enable, sort, sorting, order, Top N. , KBA , LOD-ANA-TAB , Table , Problem