- When sending out emails with images, the images are not appearing correctly in Outlook (it is enlarged and being cut off the screen), but they are appearing correctly for other email providers such as Gmail.
- Even if the width and height is adjusted in Image Properties, Outlook always seems to enlarge the image.
- Is there a way to enforce the Image Size so that it will appear correctly in Outlook?
- Please Note: This only occurs if the original image size is too big and Outlook does not accept the size. We are unaware of the exact dimensions that outlook accepts.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Reproducing the Issue
- Add an image to an email template in Manage Recruiting Email Templates
- Send the email to a recipient with an Outlook email address
- Check email and see the image seems enlarged and it cuts off, so unable to view the full image
- If the issue does not occur in any other email provider then the issue is with Outlook and not SuccessFactors. We can't control how Outlook displays images and there are also settings in Outlook that can change how emails are displayed.
- When the image is re-sized, the image is not getting resized only in Outlook, where as the same is reflecting as per the image properties in other email providers like Gmail.
- Outlook picks the image size as per the source - meaning the original properties of the actual image, not on the properties that you define in the image properties in SF.
In these cases, you need to make sure it fits well in Outlook by resizing the original image to the dimensions that will fit in the Outlook view and then have that newly resized image hosted by SuccessFactors and you can use that file/URL in the email template.
SF, Success Factors, RCM, pictures, photos, large, big, too large, too big, , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions