You want to cancel the Customer Invoice ABC (where ABC stands for the Customer Invoice). However, you find that the "Cancel" button of Customer Invoice ABC is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing Work Center
- Go to Invoice Documents View
- Search for Customer Invoice ABC, you find that the "Cancel" button is grayed out.
As per the system design, you cannot cancel the Customer Invoices if they are included in the Summary Invoices. If you open Invoice Summary Documents: Monthly Invoice EFG (where EFG stands for the Monthly Invoice), you can see the Customer Invoice ABC is included in the Monthly Invoice EFG.
You can also use the following steps to check if the Customer Invoices are included in the Summary Invoices:
- Go to Receivables Work Center, Reports View
- Open the Report:Clearing Status Report for Japan (GLOISJPU01_Q0001)
- In the Selection, maintain Customer Invoice ID in the Field: Invoice ID Item
- In the View, add the Field: Monthly Invoice ID to the Row Field
- Click Apply button
If the report can display the results, the Customer Invoices are included in the Summary Invoices.
To cancel this kind of Customer Invoices, you first have to cancel the corresponding recent Payer Invoice (Only latest Payer Invoice for the Payer-Grouping Unit combination can be cancelled). Cancellation of Payer Invoice will lead to the cancellation included Monthly Invoices, post which you can cancel the Customer Invoice and then schedule a Summary Invoice Run again.
Instead of canceling all the latest Payer Invoices, you are recommended to create Credit Memos for Customer Invoices instead.
Customer Invoices, Cancel, Summary Invoices, Payer Invoices , KBA , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To