You mark a Source Document as Irrelevant. You can see that the Relevance Status is now Irrelevant, however, the Processing Status it is still 'In Process'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger workcenter.
- Go to the Source Documents view.
- In the Unposted Source Documents, find and select the document you want to mark as Irrelevant.
- Press Actions - View Business Transaction.
- In the new screen choose 'Mark as Irrelevant'.
This will mark the Source Document as Irrelevant for Accounting.
When we mark a document as Irrelevant it does not mean that we cancel it, but that it is marked as Irrelevant for Accounting. If you filter with 'Unposted Source Documents', the document will no more appear. The Relevance Status appears as Irrelevant and the Processing Status stays as In Process. This cannot be change in the system backend.
This is an expected behaviour.
KBA 2772501 How to Cancel Irrelevant Unposted Source Documents
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem