- Parameter data type option grayed out.
- Unable to change the parameter data type.
- When reporting of a Stored Procedure that have parameters in Crystal Reports, it is not possible to change the parameter data type.
- How to change stored procedure parameter data type in Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In a database, create a Stored Procedure with a parameter with a specific Data Type.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report of the Stored Procedure.
- Notice Crystal Reports creates parameters matching the Stored Procedure Parameters Data Type.
- In the database, update the Stored Procedure, and change the parameter Data Type.
- In Crystal Reports, unable to change the Stored Procedure Parameter Data Type to reflect the Stored Procedure change, because the option is grayed out.
- Parameter Data Type is grayed out because it is a Stored Procedure parameter, and the data type is determined by how it is declared in the Stored Procedure.
- When Parameters Data Type are changed in a Stored Procedure, perform a Verify Datebase to update the Parameter Data Type for reports already created of the Stored Procedure:
- In Crystal Reports, open the report based of the Stored Procedure that have been updated.
- Under the menu "Database", select "Verify Database"
- When prompted, enter values for the Stored Procedure Parameters, and click "OK"
- When the message indicating the database is up to date, click "OK"
The Stored Procedure Parameter Data Type in Crystal Reports will now reflect the data type declared in the updated Stored Procedure.
CR, SP, Param, Prompt type , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020