You have extended the standard Object Lead through custom Development and you have added the extension to standard Odata Service 'lead'. When you try to perform deep insert on the standard lead to include the related extension, an error is thrown: 'Create not possible; source object does not exist'.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Using a tool such as Postman to consume the Odata API:
- Perform a GET Operation on the OData Query to be used, to get the token.
- Now perform a POST on the same query, using the fetched token.
- Ensure to include the Deep Insert Payload in the body of the POST request.
- The error is thrown stating that 'Create not possible; source object does not exist'.
Currently the standard Object does not have those extension nodes and thus a generic mapping from Odata runtime is not possible.
Please proceed to create the parent records for Leads in one call first, then create the sub-records with a separate call thereafter.
Deep Insert, OData, SDK, OData Extension , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-API , OData API (C4C Only) , Problem