In a sales document, you see that net price of product is updated automatically, but net amount of the product is not updated despite of changing the price of the product in price list.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Our example looks at opportunities, but the same is true for other views such as sales orders, sales quote.
- Go to Sales Work center
- Go to Opportunities view
- Select show all and find for opportunity ABC (ABC represents the name of the opportunity)
- Go to Products facet
- Enter the Product A123 (A123 represents the id of the product),
- Select Save and you will see that based on the price from price list XYZ and quantity entered, the net amount is calculated.
- Go to Price Lists view
- Select Show all and find for XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the price list)
- Find for Product A123 and change the price
- Select Save and release the price list XYZ
- Open the opportunity ABC
You will now see that price of the product A123 is updated here, but the net amount is still not updated in reference to the change made.
Nevertheless, if you add the same product A123 in a new line, the updated price is taken and net amount calculated correctly for the second line, but the first line item, is still the same.
If master data are changed, existing data in transactional documents are never updated automatically. This is also the case for price master data.
Hence, the net amount is correctly unchanged until you trigger a redetermination by a modification in the opportunity, e. g. by changing the quantity of the item.
Nevertheless for net price it is different as this is a transient field, i. e. it is not persisted. Thus, it’s read from master data every time the opportunity is opened. Hence, for the Price it’s not possible to show the value used for the net amount calculation.
For performance reasons, price calculation happens only for those items affected by a changes. Hence, if you add an item, price is calculated only for this added item. If you change one of two items, then only for the changed item the price is calculated.
If you change price relevant header fields (like the distribution channel), this affects all items and therefore price is calculated for all items.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
Net Price, Net Amount, Master Data, Sales Document, Pricing, Update , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , LOD-CRM-PRC , C4C Pricing , Problem