This KBA helps us to explain the detail steps on how to generate Installation Key for any MCS Solution from Cloud Application Studio.
Cloud Application Studio
- MCS Solution should be created and developed..
- Quality Review should have been completed by SAP.
- You should know the Name-Space of the MCS Solution. (NOT the Global Namespace)
- You should have Customer ID information of the respective target customer System for which you are planning to deploy.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Cloud Application Studio.
- Open the respective MCS Solution
- You are unaware in how to generate MCS key for deploying your MCS solution to customer system.
Each MCS solution has a valid installation Key for security reasons, which needs to be entered before login to the MCS solution.
- Login to Cloud Application Studio in Source Partner development system
- Open respective MCS Solution YXXXXABC ( Refers name of MCS solution YXXXXABC)
- Go Administration View in the tool bar
- Choose Generate Installation Key
- Name space is already filled by Cloud Application Studio
- Enter the customer ID of your target customer test system
- Choose Generate Installation key
- You will get the MCS Key in the dialogue box
Example: 1C936B3AXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This key can be used during upload of youMCS solutions to customer system.
Note: Ensure the MCS key is completely copied and there is no space during pasting it.
Please refer my Blog for Quality Review - Link
MCS Key generation; Installation Key Generation; MCS KEY, Quality Review. , KBA , mcs , key generation , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , Problem