- When an employee is terminated using a past-dated termination date, the Offboarding application does not pick up the data for the employee.
- The Review Offboarding Information tile is stuck in loading state when picked up by the hiring manager.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the user's Employee Profile.
- Click Action >> Termination.
- Select a past-dated termination date, and provide the Event Reason for termination.
- Submit the termination request.
- Approve the termination request, if applicable.
- As the Hiring Manager, click on the Review Offboarding Information tile and start the user's Offboarding task.
- Offboarding task is stuck in loading state
This is an expected system behavior.
- The way the application works is, post the termination date, the candidate is marked as inactive and has no access to the application. This is handled in Offboarding via the closeJob. The close job closes all process tasks like Employer review/employee review on termination + 1 day run. Hence as soon as the job will run, the task will be closed.
- The infinite loading is caused by the user being marked as inactive and hence data access being limited.
Although it is possible to terminate a user using a past-dated termination date, this will result in the reported behavior for downstream applications such as Offboarding 2.0. To prevent the issue from being encountered in your system, it is always suggested that you use a future-dated termination date.
Onboarding 2.0, Offboarding 2.0, Offboarding task, Review Offboarding Information, termination date, past-dated termination, future dated termination, Offboarding tasks stuck in loading, OBX , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-OFT , OFB Tasks , Problem