Upon submitting employee details for a concurrent employment in Manage pending hires, you encounter an issue where the system won't let you proceed on hiring the user or saving the record.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite - b2005
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central -b2005
Reproducing the Issue
1. Process a concurrent employment from Manage Pending hires
2. Work your way 'til the submit button
3. Press Submit > Nothing happens
*The issue is due to a gap on the system for permission roles, specifically for event reasons used by hiring managers when processing concurrent employment in Manage Pending hires.
Our engineering team is working on a fix for this issue, we will update this article as we progress towards a permanent fix.
As a workaround you could:
1. For the Event reason that you're using to process the Concurrent employment, enable edit access for the permission roles of the user who's processing the hire (Manage Permission Roles > Permission role of the user > Employee Data > e.g. CONCURRENT_HIRE > enable "View" and "Edit"
2. Enable view and edit only for a single role, and disable view permission for the event reason for other permission roles of the user (Only 1 role preferrably the role used for hiring managers should have edit and view permission for the event reason, all other roles associated to the user must not have view access for the event reason).
2867912 - b1911 Blank Error Message on Hire of Employee but Employee is Still Hired
2864168 - New hire gives blank error message but employee is hired
2233525 - How is the system working with sm-mapping? - Recruiting Management
*FOR PRODUCT SUPPORT ONLY - PLEASE SEE INTERNAL MEMO FOR THE SAMPLE ERROR*