The Transaction Currency field defaults to company currency and is not editable in a new journal entry voucher.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks view > New Journal Entry Voucher.
- Enter Company, and select Journal Entry Type 00084 - Manual Entry for Accounts Payable.
- Select Screen Variant 626 - Manual Write-Up/Write-Down Accounts Pay.
- Notice that Transaction Currency becomes read-only and an info message is displayed:
'Transaction currency has been changed to local currency'
The same behavior is observed for one more combination of Journal Entry Type and Screen Variant:
Journal Entry Type: 00085 - Manual Entry for Accounts Receivable
Screen Variant: 628 - Manual Write-Up/Write-Down Accounts Rec
The system behaves as designed. For the two combinations of Journal Entry Type and Screen Variant, the Transaction Currency defaults to Company Currency and cannot be edited.
As a workaround, the New Charge/Credit function can be used from Supplier Account Monitor or Customer Account Monitor, respectively.
jev; transaction currency; greyed out; grayed out; 00084; 00085; 626; 628; Manual Write-Up/Write-Down; New Charge/Credit , KBA , jev , transaction currency , grayed out , greyed out , 00084 , 626 , 00085 , 628 , manual write-up/write-down , new charge/credit , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To