Not able to change mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility directly in Object Definition.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Configure Object Definitions, select Object Definition find your object
- Click Take action>>Make a correction
- Find mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility field, click Details
- Change Visibility to Editable, click Done, click Save.
- An error appears on the screen: It is not authorized to change visibility of mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility to Editable, as this is a system field
mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility cannot be changed directly in Object Definition.
We have to set a business rule to set mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility to Yes.
- Go to Admin Center >> Configure Object Definitions.
- In the Search field, select Object Definition and select the target object definition from the dropdown menu.
- Select Take Action >> Make Correction, once the data collection object entity appears on the page.
- Scroll down to Save Rules and click + icon to add rule.
- The Rules for MDF Based Objects appears preselected under the Metadata Framework scenario on the Configure Business Rules page.
- Enter a Rule Name, Rule ID, and select a Start Date.
- Enter the entity name in the Base Object field.
- The rule will operate on the selected base object. You can assign the rule to the object definition of the base object on the Configure Object Definition page.
- Select the Purpose that defines the intent of a phase in an object's life cycle.
- For example, to define a default value for an object instance, select "Initialize" as the Purpose. This sets the initial value for an object instance. You can always change the default value.
- Click Continue.
- On the business rule configuration page:
- Configure the If condition to be Always True.
- Configure the Then condition to set the value of mdfSystemExternalUserVisibility to be Yes.
- Click Save. A business rule is now created to make the data collection object entity available to new hires.
It is similar to make Picklist visible in Custom Data Collection. Please check Configuring Picklist for Custom Data Collection for more detail.
Data Collection, Object Entity Visible, Custom Data Collection, Picklist, Complete Additional Onboarding Tasks, external user , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-CDC , Custom Data Collection , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding all versions