The Minimum Value and Maximum Value attributes defined for Custom Fields (<fm-element>) are not validated in the Performance Form.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
In Manage Templates > select a Custom Section
- Click on "Custom Element(s) defined. Click to modify"
- From the Type menu, select a custom element such as "Text" or "Integer"
- Define values in the "Minimum Value" and "Maximum Value" fields
5. Launch a form and navigate to the Custom Section
There is no validation when entering below the minimum value, or above the maximum value
The "min" and "max" attributes are not supported for Custom Fields.
The Minimum Value and Maximum Value fields in the Custom Elements dialog of Manage Templates (corresponding to "min" and "max" attributes in the <fm-element>) have been deprecated.
These attributes will have no effect on the Custom Field's behviour.
There are currently plans to remove the Minimum Value and Maximum Value fields from the Manage Templates UI to prevent confusion.
Grant Required Field Permissions for the Custom Field
- To validate Minimum Value or Maximum Value attributes for Custom Fields, the Custom Field must be defined as a Required Field.
- In Manage Templates > Custom Section, "select Required Field Permission(s) defined. Click to modify."
- The Minimum Value and Maximum Value can be defined here, and this will be validated in the PM form when sending a form to the next step.
Attributes and Elements (Custom Fields)
2888737 - Manage Templates - Configuring Custom Fields - Performance Management
PM, Performance, Review, Form, Custom, Field, Section, Element, Min, Max, Minimum, Maximum, Text, Integer, TextArea, Date, Double, List, Required, Value, Validate, Attribute, Element, Not Supported, Configuration, XML, KM-9293, PMU-5741 , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , How To