You see the below error when checking the Application Log of an Unassigned Approval Task in Business Task Management for your Custom Approval Process:
"Employees without sufficient access rights for the item:"
"Employee:Joe Bloggs (E0123)"
"Info: Work Center Views granting access"
"View: Custom BO"
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a Custom Business Object.
- You have created a Custom Approval Process for your Business Object.
- You have assigned E0123 (where E0123 is the Employee ID) as the Approver of the Approval Process.
- You have created an instance of your Custom Business Object.
- You have successfully submitted the instance for Approval and the status is "In Approval".
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- In Task Distribution, select Business Task Management (Administrator > Business Task Management in Cloud for Customer).
- Select dropdown Unassigned Items.
- Select the Approval Task that has not been assigned to a user and open the most recent Application Log.
You have checked further and could see that Employee E0123 has the View for your Custom Business Object assigned.
You have not assigned the Approval Views to your Custom Work Center View. This assignment is required as Access Rights are generated from the Work Center Views. If a screen is not assigned to a View, the access cannot be generated for that screen.
- Open the Custom Work Center View in the UI Designer.
- In the Property Explorer, under RBAMData, select AssignedObjects.
- Click the ... button.
- Click the Add Row button in the Add AssignedObjects dialog.
- Add all relevant Approval views.
See Approval Process > Tasks > Assign Approval Process Tasks to UI in the Cloud Application Studio Documentation.
Approve, RBAM, SDK, PDI, AssignedObjects, Approver, Requester, fail, failed, BTM, In Approval, View, Work Center , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-BO , ByDesign Studio BO definition/generation , AP-RC-BDS-BTM , ByDesign Studio Business Task Management , Problem