The system confirms availability of a product in sales order on a day earlier to the receipt of a product.
For e.g. You have a receipt on 4th June 09:00 Hrs, but the system confirms availability in the sales order for 3rd June to the customer.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Navigate to the Customer Demand view.
- Search and select customer demand for relevant sales order.
- Under the sub-tab Schedule Lines you can see that the Delivery Date is 3rd June 2020.
- If you check the product planning screen for the product in relevant sales order you can see that the purchase order is expected to be delivered only by 4th June 2020.
Why is the system calculating the delivery date as 3rd June 2020 instead of 4th June 2020?
PS: The dates 3rd June 2020 and 4th June 2020 are sample dates. The dates you see in your demand and supply documents will vary.
- You have scoped the question in business configuration Do you want to receive availability confirmations for products at the start of the 24 hour cycle?.
- The availability confirmation works on a 24 hour cycle which is from 12:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs. As an example one cycle or time bucket would be from 3rd June 12:00 Hrs to 4th June 12:00 Hrs.
- If a product has its supply available on 4th June 09:00 Hrs, and you have scoped that the confirmation should be available on the start of the cycle, the system will give you ATP confirmation on 3rd June for the product in relevant demand/sales order.
- If you have not scoped the question, Do you want to receive availability confirmations for products at the start of the 24 hour cycle?, for the above scenario the ATP will be confirmed for 4th June in the relevant demand/sales order.
- The decision to scope the question, Do you want to receive availability confirmations for products at the start of the 24 hour cycle? is a business decision.
- The business has to decide if the availability of the product should be confirmed on the start of the time bucket or at the end of the time bucket.
- Based on the business decision, you can choose to either scope the question or not, and the system will behave as explained above based on the scoping choice the business makes.
wrong inventory allocation, ATP wrong confirmation, ATP confirms sales orders on wrong date, ByD ATP Error, ByDesign ATP Error, Availability confirmation error in ByDesign , KBA , wrong inventory allocation , atp confirms sales orders on wrong date , bydesign atp error , byd atp error , atp wrong confirmation , availability confirmation error in bydes , sales order delivery date acknowledgment , wrong delivery date acknowledged , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , Problem