You cannot approve Manual Payment Task due to an error message: Action not enabled.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Managing My Area work center.
- Choose the Approvals view.
- Search for the Task - Approve Manual Payment XXX.
- Choose Approve.
- You see an error message - Action not enabled.
The relevant Accounting period for the payment is Blocked for posting and hence you are getting this error message.
To resolve this issue, you have to Open the relevant period and post the payment following the below steps:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the Companies sub-view under the Master Data view.
- Select the relevant company ID and choose Open and Close Period.
- Search for the accounting period relevant for date DD/MM/YYYY. Here you can see that the Period Status is Blocked.
- Now select the period and choose Open Periods.
- Enter the First/Last Allowed Step to 010 - Operational Postings.
- Click the Save button.
Now, you will be able to approve the corresponding Payment Task.
Payment Approval Error, Action not enabled, Payment Task Error , KBA , action not enabled , payment task error , payment approval error , SRD-FIN-MOP , Payment Management , Known Error